Jul 16, 2013 / 10:30 am
UPDATE: 10:30 a.m. July 16 - RCMP say alcohol may have been a contributing factor in a single vehicle crash on Westside Road Monday evening. RCMP spokesman, Gord Molendyk, says the lone occupant of the truck, a 54-year-old man from Beaverdell is in hospital in Vernon with head injuries. Molendyk says the vehicle appeared to come in contact with the cliff and rolled at least once. Police are continuing to investigate.
Fire crews were using the jaws life on this pick-up truck when Castanet reader Kandis Jackson drove past the accident at Ewing Landing, between Fintry and Killiney.
Firemen were still working on the rescue at 9 p.m.
"We were just driving back from Penticton and fire crews just got on scene and stopped us there briefly until police arrived . . . then they let us through. They had the jaws out trying to cut the roof of the truck open." says Kandis Jackson.
Westside Road was open to alternating traffic while the accident was being cleared up.
We do not know how many people were in the truck at the time of the crash and we do not know the extent of any injuries. We will have more details as they become available.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25
- Alleged arsonist also property manager Nov 22
- West Kelowna grow-op dismantled Nov 20