Jul 16, 2013 / 5:00 am
The sound of music will fill the air of West Kelowna on Friday when over a dozen musical talents fill Memorial Park as Music in the Park welcomes the Westbank Country Opry.
This ensemble of grassroots performers from the Okanagan Valley and around the province usually features an opening act and separate headliner that will treat diehard country fans to a nearly two-hour performance.
The lineup for July 19 includes:
- Talented kid – 6:45 p.m. Taylor Hockson
- Headline Act – 7:15 p.m. Westbank Country Opry
Each Friday night will see free, family friendly Music in the Park take place every Friday night through August 30 at Memorial Park, adjacent to Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre.
West Kelowna Recreation staff will also be in the park hosting games and activities for kids and a food vendor will be operating on site this year offering hot food, sandwiches and cool summer treats.
You can join the community conversation through the Facebook link on the District of West Kelowna homepage.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2