Jul 15, 2013 / 2:35 pm
A semi truck burst into flames this afternoon on Highway 97C.
The photo was taken at approximately 1:30 p.m. near the Brenda Mines turnaround on the Okanagan Connector between Kelowna and Merritt.
The vehicle appears to be a truck from the Winnipeg Motor Express, a transportation and shipping company based in Manitoba.
We’ll have more details if they become available.
Here's a video of the incident by Joe Flood.
Read more Central Okanagan articles
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Cram the cruiser event a big success Dec 8
- Steady trends in the housing market Dec 5
- Rail trail falls on friendly ears Dec 4
- Crash! 19 accidents in a few hours Dec 3
- Okanagan icy roads - viewer videos Dec 3