Sam Mendes has been confirmed to direct Bond 24 for a 2015 release date.
The 'Skyfall' director - who previously ruled himself out of helming the next instalment in the spy franchise - will return as director of the next 007 adventure starring Daniel Craig, while 'Skyfall' screenwriter John Logan will pen the script.
The as-yet-untitled movie will be released in the UK on October 23, 2015, followed by its United States release two weeks later on November 6, 2015.
The filmmaker previously said he wouldn't return for Bond 24 due to his theatre commitments - which include a new West End musical production of 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - but he has recently been in talks with producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson about returning to the franchise after they agreed to accommodate the film around his schedule.
In a statement, Mendes said: ''I am very pleased that by giving me the time I need to honour all my theatre commitments, the producers have made it possible for me to direct Bond 24. I very much look forward to taking up the reins again, and to working with Daniel Craig, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli for a second time.''
'Skyfall' became the most successful 007 movie of all time upon its release last year, taking over $1 billion at the global box office, as well as picking up two Oscars at the Academy Awards earlier this year.
The film earned the Best Original Song prize for 'Skyfall', written and performed by British superstar Adele, and also won Best Sound Editing.
The blockbuster movie saw Craig play 007 for a third time, while Javier Bardem played nemesis Silva and Dame Judi Dench reprised her role as M for a final time.
The film also introduced Naomie Harris as Eve Moneypenny and Ben Whishaw as Q.
- Will & Grace back Entertainment 12:45 pm - 1,414 views
- Ellen makes historyEntertainment 12:00 pm - 1,230 views
- Stone missed GoslingEntertainment 11:15 am - 872 views
- Kanye University course Entertainment 10:30 am - 444 views
- Johnny Depp thanks fansEntertainment 9:45 am - 526 views
- Lively promotes 'girl power'Entertainment 9:00 am - 467 views
- Beatle wants music backEntertainment 6:43 am - 3,960 views
- Alanis manager admits theftEntertainment 6:29 am - 3,831 views
- The Wild! playing KelownaEntertainment 937 views