Jul 4, 2013 / 12:03 pm
Authorities say a boy has died after being run over by a float at the end of a Fourth of July parade in the U.S.
Edmond Police Officer James Hamm says the boy was riding on a float at the city's LibertyFest parade on Thursday. Hamm says the boy fell or got down from the float at the end of the parade and was struck by the same vehicle.
Authorities didn't immediately release the names of the boy or the driver.
Hamm says the incident was an unfortunate, freak accident.
Read more World News
- Israeli president willing to meet Iran's
- Presidents & royalty at Mandela service
- Prince Harry's Antarctic race called off
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Thailand crisis deepens
- Progress seen since Typhoon Haiyan
- South Africans hold day of prayer
- Millions of residents hit by storm
- Obama to attend Mandela memorial
- 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor
- Egypt court reduces heavy sentences
- Attacks kill 15 in Iraq
(Click for RSS instructions.)