Jul 4, 2013 / 5:00 am
Residents wishing to safely dispose of hazardous waste materials from around their home will have the chance on July 13 at the North Westside Road Transfer Station.
Household paint and aerosol paint, flammable liquids and aerosols, domestic pesticides with the poison symbol and PCP number, gas (in an approved ULC container), household and automotive batteries, and electronics and computer equipment will be collected.
Please note that propane tanks, chemicals or commercial waste products will not be accepted.
The Transfer Station will accept these waste materials from 8 a.m. to noon and is located along the Sugarloaf Mountain/Whiteman Creek Forest Service Road.
(Turn at the corner of Westside Road and Sugarloaf Mountain Forest Service Road.)
For more information and details about this collection please contact Battery Doctors at 250-860-2866 or the Regional Waste Reduction Office at 250-469-6250 or email [email protected]
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25
- Alleged arsonist also property manager Nov 22
- West Kelowna grow-op dismantled Nov 20
- West K set for sweeping zoning changes Nov 20
- Young men brave icy waters to save man Nov 19
- Christmas lights tour for the food bank Nov 19
- Designers wanted for civic centre Nov 18