Vernon and North Okanagan
Jul 2, 2013 / 8:57 am
8:57 a.m. update: The road is now expected to open sometime between 4-10 p.m. on Tuesday. In the meantime, a detour is available on Highway 1 through Salmon Arm.
6:42 a.m. update: DriveBC states Highway 97A could be open between 2 and 6 p.m. July2.
9:17 p.m. update: DriveBC says Highway 97A is still closed. The next update will be at 2 a.m. July 2.
7:26 p.m.: Highway 97A is closed in both directions 2 km north of Grindrod because of a wash out.
DriveBC says there is no estimated time of opening, an assessment is in progress.
A detour available, take Highway 1 through Salmon Arm then Highway 97B through Salmon Arm.
Updated on Mon Jul 1 at 7:01 p.m.
Send photos and video to [email protected]
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- CN confirms interest in rail line Dec 3
- Two cats perish in mobile home fire Dec 2
- Expired car insurance leads to pot bust Dec 2
- Icy road accidents began this weekend Dec 2
- Weather playing havoc on drivers Dec 2
- RCMP bust 16 in drug trafficking case Dec 2
- Guilty plea entered in child porn case Nov 29