Kanye West thinks he's the Steve Jobs of popular culture.
The outspoken rapper believes he is "undoubtedly" one of the most influential people in the world and has likened himself to the late Apple computers founder because of his power in the music and fashion industries.
He told the New York Times newspaper: "I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it's like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z.
"I've been connected to the most culturally important albums of the past four years, the most influential artists of the past ten years. You have like, Steve Jobs, Walt Disney, Henry Ford, Howard Hughes, Nicolas Ghesquiere, Anna Wintour, David Stern."
Kanye, 36 - whose first child with his girlfriend Kim Kardashian is due in July - went on to claim he was going to turn his genius into a billion-dollar empire in the style of Steve because he wants to live up to his self-imposed responsibility of being the ultimate trendsetter.
The hip-hop star added: "I think that's a responsibility I have, to push possibilities, to show people, 'This is the level that things could be at.' So when you get something that has the name Kanye West on it, it's supposed to be pushing the furthest possibilities.
"I will be the leader of a company that ends up being worth billions of dollars, because I got the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus."
- Cuisine and ConfessionsEntertainment 1:12 pm - 435 views
- Ryan Gosling 'disappointed'Entertainment 12:45 pm - 710 views
- Buble's son set for surgeryEntertainment 12:00 pm - 797 views
- Maisie Williams photos leakEntertainment 11:15 am - 618 views
- Madonna kissed MichaelEntertainment 10:30 am - 445 views
- Lopez's ex smashes car Entertainment 9:45 am - 585 views
- Jagger welcomes eighth Entertainment 9:12 am - 474 views
- Bieber Vevo's most-watchedEntertainment 7:58 am - 2,487 views
- Mariah showcases chemistryEntertainment 1,547 views