Jun 5, 2013 / 1:31 pm
A small brush fire started up this afternoon near Mt. Boucherie Senior Secondary in West Kelowna.
Fire crews received a call of a hedge fire, near structures, around 12:30 p.m. in the 2700 block of Riffington Place.
By the time they arrived, local residents had already knocked down most of the blaze which covered an area of approximately 50 feet by 25 feet.
The fire has been put out, but is considered suspicious and is now being investigated by the RCMP.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26