Jun 3, 2013 / 1:00 pm
School District 23 is set to award the contract for construction of a new elementary school in Rose Valley.
A special meeting of the Board of Education has been called for this Wednesday to discuss awarding of the contract.
It is being recommended the contract be awarded to Sawchuk Development of Kelowna in the amount of $10,747,464.
Sawchuk Developments submitted the lowest of the seven bids received. The high bid was $20M.
An additional $20,000 is also being recommended from storefront to a curtain wall front wall system.
In September of last year the Board of Education approved spending of $14.7M for construction of the new school.
Mar Jok Elementary School is expected to open its doors in time for the start of the 2014 school year.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25
- Alleged arsonist also property manager Nov 22
- West Kelowna grow-op dismantled Nov 20
- West K set for sweeping zoning changes Nov 20