Central Okanagan  

Property tax notices are in the mail

Property tax notifications will soon be going out to rural property owners in the Central Okanagan East and West Electoral areas, and the Regional District is reminding property owners that the province collects these taxes.

Property owners in those two rural electoral areas may complete their Home Owner Grant Application and make their tax payment, payable to the Minister of Finance, at most financial institutions. They can also pay through their mortgage agreement, by Internet or telephone banking, or by mail to the Surveyor of Taxes, P.O. Box 9446, Stn. Prov. Govt., Victoria, BC, V8W 9V6. 

Those property owners in the City of Kelowna, District of Lake Country, District of Peachland and District of West Kelowna must direct their property taxes payments to their local government.

To avoid any penalty, ensure rural property taxes are paid by July 2, 2013 or if the payment is being made by mail, it must be postmarked on or before July 2. 

There are also a number of Provincial Government property tax deferment programs available that qualifying property owners may wish to consider.  Details on these are available on the Ministry Website

More Central Okanagan articles