Jun 3, 2013 / 5:00 am
The Okanagan Nation ‘Spirit of the Syilx’ Youth Unity Run started May 31 in Revelstoke and ended yesterday in Westbank. The run wrapped at about 7:30 p.m.
This year’s run covered 235 kms.
The runners' path took them through the northern portion of the Okanagan Nation Territory.
Over 100+ participants took part in the three day event.
The race had the following goals:
- to create awareness of high violence and youth suicide in the Okanagan Nation
- to promte Nationhood among the Youth
- to promte healthy living.
Check out their Facebook page for more details.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3