May 27, 2013 / 6:51 am
Two people have been found dead in a trailer in Burnaby.
RCMP Inspector Tim Shields says the bodies of the man and woman were found Sunday on the floor of the construction-type trailer they were using as a home in southeastern Burnaby.
He says the couple had recently done some work on the trailer's propane-powered generator and exhaust from that generator may have leaked into the trailer.
A neighbour discovered the victims, but Shields says the couple could have died up to three days earlier.
Names of the pair haven't been released and RCMP, the coroner and fire department are continuing to investigate.
Shields urges everyone to install a carbon monoxide detector in their home and to ensure proper ventilation, especially if they are near generators, furnaces or other devices powered by propane or gasoline. (News1130, CKNW)
Read more BC News
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)