Okanagan College Media Release
Okanagan College has acquired a seasoned and strategic executive-level professional to lead its Campus Planning and Facilities Management department with the appointment of Kathleen Lausman as Director.
Lausman has an impressive professional background with decades of senior experience in capital planning, design, project management and leadership. Having worked in both the public and private sector, Lausman’s career and project experience has included a focus on sustainable infrastructure development and life-cycle management.
“I am delighted to welcome Kathleen to Okanagan College,” said Bob Eby, Vice President Finance and Administration. “She has outstanding qualifications and will be a tremendous asset to our Leadership Team. Kathleen comes to the College during an important time as we move forward on our $33-million Trades building in Kelowna, as well as revisit our College-wide campus plans. Her expertise will be welcome.”
Lausman holds an MBA from the University of Ottawa as well as a Bachelor of Environmental Studies from the University of Manitoba’s Faculty of Architecture. Her professional experience includes asset management, most recently at FM/PM Strategic Consulting where she was Principal.
She spent more than a decade working in government, both provincial and federal. That work included roles with the Government of Nunavut, where she was Deputy Minister of Community & Government Services, Alberta Infrastructure, where she was Executive Director of the Property Development Branch, and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), where she was Deputy Chief of the Facility Management Branch.
Her experience also extends into the education sector; she was the Manager of Physical Facilities/Design & Construction for the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board, as well as the Director of Buildings for the Winnipeg School Division No. 1.
“I am really excited to be joining Okanagan College,” said Lausman. “This is an exciting time for the College as it advances its focus on sustainable development and green building through a number of projects. I have been very impressed by the work that has already been done in Penticton at the College’s Jim Pattison Centre of Excellence and am looking forward to working with the team on the new building in Kelowna.”
Lausman begins her new role as Director, Campus Planning and Facilities Management on May 27.
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- Green juice captures UBC’s Live Case Challenge, and wins $5,000 Apr 7
- Renowned photojournalist Juste to speak at Okanagan College Mar 30
- SFU professor sounds alarm on danger of toxins to children’s brain development Mar 30
- College program brings training within reach for Princeton students Mar 29
- OC Culinary Arts alumnus cooks his way to a spot at Atelier Mar 24
- Anosh Irani reads at Okanagan College Salmon Arm campus Mar 23
- Lumby team crowned 2017 Spaghetti Bridge champions Mar 20
- UBC Okanagan conference draws digital media experts Mar 17
- Children who play outside more likely to protect nature as adults Mar 17
- Business students shine at WCBC Mar 16