May 22, 2013 / 8:39 am
Rising water levels and heavy rain have once again closed the Mission Creek Greenway underpass at the Casorso Road Bridge.
The trail on the south side of Mission Creek at the Gordon Drive Bridge is also closed until further notice.
The Regional District of Central Okanagan urges Greenway users to respect the barricades and signs posted at these locations along the recreational trail as the underpasses will remain closed until waters recede.
Pedestrians and cyclists are asked to use caution and only cross Casorso Road when it is safe.
Greenway patrons may continue to use the north-side creek underpass at Gordon Drive which remains open. However, that this too could be subject to closure at any time.
Regional Parks staff continues to monitor creek levels along the entire length of the Mission Creek Greenway.
People are reminded that water levels may rise unexpectedly and they, children and pets should stay safely back from creek banks, which may be slippery or subject to erosion from the spring runoff.
Boaters and those using Okanagan Lake boat launches are advised to watch for floating debris that may enter the lake as a result of the runoff.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3
- Council: New cop shop long overdue Dec 3