May 22, 2013 / 5:00 am
The Central Okanagan School District and The Ponds have established an agreement in principle for a future school site in The Ponds neighbourhood.
The 7 acre site is located between the existing neighbourhood park and the future Village Centre and, when built, is expected to become the hub of the community.
The site is of sufficient size for a future middle school in the Upper Mission which is consistent with the identified school needs for the area.
The Ponds neighbourhood will be proceeding with the rezoning process for the site in order to facilitate the transfer of ownership.
The continued growth in the Upper Mission, especially in The Ponds, has resulted in a need for additional educational facilities in the area.
A new 600 student middle school in the Upper Mission area of Kelowna is in the top three immediate capital needs identified by the School District, along with the rebuilds of Rutland Middle and Glenmore Elementary schools.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9