Vernon and North Okanagan
May 21, 2013 / 2:32 pm
A 20-year-old Vernon man was forced to cool his heels - and his mouth - behind bars after going on a mini crime spree over the weekend.
Police say the man was seen jumping on a car and yelling in the 3900 block of 25 Street shortly after 3 a.m. Sunday.
When police arrived the drunk man was ripping white pickets off a fence.
Apparently he broke fences in two locations and did quite a bit of damage to the car he jumped on.
RCMP spokesman Gord Molendyk says the man was arrested for mischief under $5,000.
"The man was very uncooperative with our officers. He replied 'F&%* Off to every question he was asked," says Molendyk.
"At the detachment, as he was being let out of the police car, he spit on one of our officers who opened the back door to let him out."
The unidentified man faces charges of mischief and assaulting a police officer. He has been released on a Promise to Appear.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5
- Enderby home destroyed by fire Dec 4
- Vernon man stabbed in his home Dec 4
- Salmon Arm home invasion Dec 3
- Icy roads keep Salmon Arm RCMP busy Dec 3