An obsessed fan was arrested for swimming to Taylor Swift's beach home this morning (05.15.13)
The 22-year-old man - who is yet to be named - attempted to swim to the 'I Knew You Were Trouble' hitmaker's property in Rhode Island, New England, in a bid to meet the country singer but got freaked out by her security team and swam back in the opposite direction where he was detained by police for trespassing.
Police spotted the Chicago man getting out of the water around a mile from Taylor's new residence at 2:20am and upon questioning him, he reportedly admitted he intended to swim to shore, clamber up to the pop star's home and greet her.
The man was hauled into a nearby police station and currently remains in custody.
Westerly Police Department told TMZ: "There is a zero tolerance policy for trespassers."
Taylor - who is currently in the middle of her 'Red Tour' with Ed Sheeran - experienced a similar situation at her property in Nashville, Tennessee, last year when a deluded fan travelled from Winconsin to spend the day with her to celebrate her 23rd birthday.
Jacob Kulke was detained by security at the Nashville residence until police arrived and arrested him. He did not face any formal charges.
- Kanye West debuts albumEntertainment 9:04 am - 1,467 views
- Jack Black to quit acting?Entertainment 9:04 am - 1,544 views
- Ciara remembers hair hustleEntertainment 9:03 am - 1,747 views
- Liv Tyler's photo addictionEntertainment 9:02 am - 1,740 views
- Jenner suing fellow driverEntertainment 9:02 am - 1,727 views
- Actors Studio 16/17 seasonEntertainment 4,508 views
- Mars wants 3 halftime showsEntertainment 5,570 views
- Elton John not X Factor fanEntertainment 5,890 views
- Reynolds wants 9 daughtersEntertainment 5,863 views