An obsessed fan was arrested for swimming to Taylor Swift's beach home this morning (05.15.13)
The 22-year-old man - who is yet to be named - attempted to swim to the 'I Knew You Were Trouble' hitmaker's property in Rhode Island, New England, in a bid to meet the country singer but got freaked out by her security team and swam back in the opposite direction where he was detained by police for trespassing.
Police spotted the Chicago man getting out of the water around a mile from Taylor's new residence at 2:20am and upon questioning him, he reportedly admitted he intended to swim to shore, clamber up to the pop star's home and greet her.
The man was hauled into a nearby police station and currently remains in custody.
Westerly Police Department told TMZ: "There is a zero tolerance policy for trespassers."
Taylor - who is currently in the middle of her 'Red Tour' with Ed Sheeran - experienced a similar situation at her property in Nashville, Tennessee, last year when a deluded fan travelled from Winconsin to spend the day with her to celebrate her 23rd birthday.
Jacob Kulke was detained by security at the Nashville residence until police arrived and arrested him. He did not face any formal charges.
- Schumer 'most dangerous'Entertainment 6:21 am - 996 views
- Gomez hits 100M followersEntertainment 3,923 views
- Madonna defends RosieEntertainment 1,413 views
- Amber Rose upset Entertainment 1,160 views
- Beyonce pays tribute Entertainment 648 views
- Watts & Schreiber splitEntertainment 858 views
- Katy Perry shares nude snapEntertainment 1,403 views
- Tom Hanks photobombEntertainment 760 views
- Frey still stands on cornerWinslow, Ariz. 3,046 views