Kriss Kross rapper Chris Kelly has died aged 34.
The star - who formed one half of the 90s teen hip-hop duo - was found unconscious in his home on Wednesday (01.05.13), before being pronounced dead at around 5.30pm EST by the Fulton County Medical Examiner's office.
Investigator Betty Honey said an autopsy is likely to reveal the cause of the 'Jump' singer's mysterious death, according to FOX 5 news.
Chris Kelly, known as 'Mac Daddy', and Chris Smith, known as 'Daddy Mac', were discovered at the tender age of 13 in an Atlanta mall by music mogul Jermaine Dupri.
The energetic duo - whose trademark was wearing their baggy clothes backwards - burst onto the scene in 1992 with one of the biggest songs of the year, 'Jump', from their multi-platinum debut album 'Totally Krossed Out'.
The pair enjoyed a meteoric rise to fame, joining Michael Jackson on his Dangerous World tour and even appearing in his 'Jam' music video.
Kriss Kross went on to record two more albums, and had success with singles 'Warm It Up' and 'Tonite's tha Night'.
Kelly - who was studying to become a musical engineer - and Smith performed together for the first time in years in February at the 20th anniversary bash for Jermaine's So So Def record label.
Respects for the late star have come flooding in on Twitter, with rapper LL Cool J even dedicating his new track 'Jump On It' to him.
He posted: ''R.I.P Chris Kelly. This song is now officially dedicated to you. May GOD embrace your soul & lift up your family.''
- Lewis replaces ScherzingerEntertainment 9:35 am - 668 views
- Rebel Wilson wants a manEntertainment 9:32 am - 301 views
- Tom Cruise NASA training?Entertainment 9:31 am - 322 views
- David Bowie's son opens up Entertainment 9:30 am - 319 views
- Watoto Children's ChoirEntertainment 9:29 am - 150 views
- Filing for divorce from DeppEntertainment 10,583 views
- Jennifer Aniston's mom diesEntertainment 957 views
- $100M movie deal for who?Entertainment 2,009 views
- Jay Z finally respondsEntertainment 1,305 views