Apr 30, 2013 / 6:37 am
A shooting in the Vancouver suburb of Maple Ridge has left one man dead and police searching for suspects.
Members of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team have taken over the case but few details are being released.
RCMP Staff Sgt. Conrad Golbeck confirms a man was attacked at about 8 p.m. Monday night in the parking lot of a busy mall, and died a short time later.
Golbeck says there were several witnesses and police were on the scene within minutes but no arrests have been made.
He also says it's too early to say if the attack was targeted or gang related.
A targeted fatal shooting last week in Surrey prompted Mounties in that city to warn of a crackdown on gang members and to launch a campaign urging gyms, restaurants and bars to ban known gangsters and refuse their money. (The Canadian Press, CKNW)
Read more BC News
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
(Click for RSS instructions.)