Aerosmith bassist Tom Hamilton has quit the band's Australian tour.
The musician - who has battled cancer in previous years - has returned to America after falling ill with a chest infection, but will rejoin the group for the remaining dates of their world tour once he has recovered.
David Hull, who has stood in for Tom on previous occasions, has flown out to Australia to take his place at the group's two remaining shows in the country, in Brisbane on May 1 and Melbourne on May 4.
Aerosmith aren't the only band to have dealt with sudden line-up changes mid-tour recently.
Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora was absent as the 'Livin' on a Prayer' band played in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, at the beginning of the month on their 'Because We Can' tour, and has been counted out of an indefinite number of future shows.
A statement on the band's website read: ''Due to personal issues, Richie Sambora will not be performing on this upcoming leg. All shows will go on as scheduled.''
The reason for Richie's departure has not been given, but it appears to be unplanned, based on comments made by lead singer Jon Bon Jovi during the Alberta show.
After taking to the stage late, Jon told the crowd: ''I had two choices - pack up and go home or give you everything I got.
''Richie Sambora won't be performing for a while. If there's ever a night I need you, it's tonight, Calgary!''
- Kelly Osbourne loses carEntertainment 10:00 am - 152 views
- Figure painting workshopEntertainment 10:00 am - 198 views
- Brad Pitt's youthful secretEntertainment 9:19 am - 488 views
- NSYNC congratulate AdeleEntertainment 9:18 am - 597 views
- Adele breaks sales recordEntertainment 8:00 am - 572 views
- Bieber cancels appearancesEntertainment 6:00 am - 1,241 views
- Jessie battles online bulliesEntertainment 5:00 am - 1,734 views
- Chris Rock's divorce fallout Entertainment 3,413 views
- Hanks confirms Toy Story 4Entertainment 5,151 views