Letters to the editor
It is that time of year when many of us get out and enjoy the sight's and weather. As usual, Kelowna attract's many sports minded individuals just aching to get out and do their thing. I have been a resident of this great Valley for 40 years and have enjoyed many aspects of it.
However, recently I have noticed a big change in those individuals attitudes towards drivers. As driver's, we have been encouraged to share the road and be safe around cyclists and runners.
I recently witnessed a group of runners in the orchards of East Kelowna forcing oncoming car's to the other lane even though there were cars coming the other direction. They were running 3 wide and had no interest in moving over. Where's the sharing here ? Where's the safety ?
With the summer season just around the corner, would it be to much to ask if we can 'all' share the road. It is a small group of individuals who choose not to share and it makes the whole running community look irresponsible .
Please let's all be safe.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Friday night market a goVernon / N. Okanagan - 4:09 pm
- EMS called to PM's homeCanada - 2:47 pm
- Abducted boy saved by songWorld - 1:01 pm
- Medical pot for 2 yr. oldPenticton / S. Okanagan - 12:50 pm
for these and other issues.
- Rotary beach Apr 16
- Easter giving from a stranger Apr 15
- Harperbinger of doom Apr 15
- Car wash needs to be flushed Apr 15
- Finance minister - over the top Apr 15