Letters to the editor
With election fever swirling all around us , and according to the polls change being imminent : it is time to look at Aesops Fables.
A shepherd , watching his ass feeding in the meadow , was alarmed all of a sudden by the cries of the enemy. He appealed to the ass to fly with him , lest they should both be captured , but the animal lazily replied , “ why should I , pray? Do you think it likely the conqueror will place on me two sets of panniers ? “
“No", rejoined the shepherd.
“Then", said the ass , “as long as I carry the panniers , what matters it to me whom I serve?“
In a change of government the poor change nothing beyond the name of their master.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Back in business after fireVernon / N. Okanagan - 12:15 pm
- Curtain drops on theatre planPenticton / S. Okanagan - 4:45 pm
- Mayor takes icy challengePenticton / S. Okanagan - 2:07 pm
- Mudslides close Hwy. 99BC - 3:15 pm
for these and other issues.
- Morons on Okanagan Lake Aug 13
- Teacher's true colours response Aug 13
- Borders: religion free zones Aug 13
- Poor Coquihalla conditions Aug 13
- Support for RCMP Aug 10