Letters to the editor
With election fever swirling all around us , and according to the polls change being imminent : it is time to look at Aesops Fables.
A shepherd , watching his ass feeding in the meadow , was alarmed all of a sudden by the cries of the enemy. He appealed to the ass to fly with him , lest they should both be captured , but the animal lazily replied , “ why should I , pray? Do you think it likely the conqueror will place on me two sets of panniers ? “
“No", rejoined the shepherd.
“Then", said the ass , “as long as I carry the panniers , what matters it to me whom I serve?“
In a change of government the poor change nothing beyond the name of their master.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Motorcycle victims ID'dVernon / N. Okanagan - 3:24 pm
- Floods cause evacuationsCanada - 3:15 pm
- Heartbleed - teen chargedCanada - 12:48 pm
- 3 bears put downPenticton / S. Okanagan - 11:01 am
for these and other issues.
- Finance minister - over the top Apr 15
- Harperbinger of doom for Vets Apr 8
- Prospera price gouge Apr 8
- Dock takes over Beach Apr 8
- Happy volunteer week Apr 8