Letters to the editor
With election fever swirling all around us , and according to the polls change being imminent : it is time to look at Aesops Fables.
A shepherd , watching his ass feeding in the meadow , was alarmed all of a sudden by the cries of the enemy. He appealed to the ass to fly with him , lest they should both be captured , but the animal lazily replied , “ why should I , pray? Do you think it likely the conqueror will place on me two sets of panniers ? “
“No", rejoined the shepherd.
“Then", said the ass , “as long as I carry the panniers , what matters it to me whom I serve?“
In a change of government the poor change nothing beyond the name of their master.
Read more Letters to the editor
- ATV to 'Slingshot' into productionKelowna - 6:52 pm
- Vernon millionaires can finally sleepVernon / N. Okanagan - 3:01 pm
- Kamloops retiree living a dreamKamloops - 4:29 pm
- Armed robberiesKelowna - 4:38 pm
for these and other issues.
- End of Funding for Youth Drug Awareness Program Mar 6
- Cyclists need to pay Mar 6
- Did a leg-hold trap take cougar's leg? Mar 1
- Riding the bus a bust Mar 1
- Thanks for new idea on the waterfront Mar 1