Letters to the editor
With election fever swirling all around us , and according to the polls change being imminent : it is time to look at Aesops Fables.
A shepherd , watching his ass feeding in the meadow , was alarmed all of a sudden by the cries of the enemy. He appealed to the ass to fly with him , lest they should both be captured , but the animal lazily replied , “ why should I , pray? Do you think it likely the conqueror will place on me two sets of panniers ? “
“No", rejoined the shepherd.
“Then", said the ass , “as long as I carry the panniers , what matters it to me whom I serve?“
In a change of government the poor change nothing beyond the name of their master.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Prolific offender goes campingKelowna - 12:42 pm
- Pickup hit and runKelowna - 4:00 pm
- City responds to court rulingPenticton / S. Okanagan - 3:36 pm
- Sleeping jumper smacks houseVernon / N. Okanagan - 2:59 pm
for these and other issues.
- Where's my cash? Jul 28
- City Park Vibe Jul 28
- Ontario says thanks West K. Jul 22
- Tone deaf politicians Jul 22
- Ric's Grill Jul 22