Letters to the editor
With election fever swirling all around us , and according to the polls change being imminent : it is time to look at Aesops Fables.
A shepherd , watching his ass feeding in the meadow , was alarmed all of a sudden by the cries of the enemy. He appealed to the ass to fly with him , lest they should both be captured , but the animal lazily replied , “ why should I , pray? Do you think it likely the conqueror will place on me two sets of panniers ? “
“No", rejoined the shepherd.
“Then", said the ass , “as long as I carry the panniers , what matters it to me whom I serve?“
In a change of government the poor change nothing beyond the name of their master.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Small town reels after killingBC - 7:50 am
- Power out near Silver StarVernon / N. Okanagan - 9:00 am
- Firefighters injured in blazeCanada - 6:56 am
- Freight train derails, 30 deadWorld - 6:46 am
for these and other issues.
- Rotary beach Apr 16
- Easter giving from a stranger Apr 15
- Harperbinger of doom Apr 15
- Car wash needs to be flushed Apr 15
- Finance minister - over the top Apr 15