Apr 28, 2013 / 6:04 am
Just after midnight, April 28, the Kelowna Fire Dept. (KFD) responded to a 911 call reporting the smell of smoke and alarms ringing at 2725 KLO Rd. “The Harvest Club Golf Restaurant. “
Upon arrival the KFD heard the bells ringing, but there were no visible signs.
The crews searched the building to find cleaning rags had caught fire in the dryer, in the basement, causing damage to the room. The fire was contained, but the building suffered major smoke damage.
In total: three engines, one rescue vehicle, one command vehicle and 13 personnel responded to this incident.
There were no injuries from this fire.
Only six minutes after receiving this call, at 12:15, another fire was reported in a shed at the rear of 980 Raymer Rd.
When crews arrived they found two small out buildings on fire. They quickly extinguished a shed and a nearby gazebo.
The cause of this fire is undetermined at this time, but not suspicious.
Send photos and video to [email protected]
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7