Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson underwent an emergency hernia operation on Monday (04.22.13).
The actor and WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) superstar was forced to skip the Hollywood premiere of his new movie 'Pain & Gain' in order to get surgery to repair damage sustained during his Wrestlemania fight with John Cena earlier this month.
A spokesperson for the 40-year-old 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' star told E! News that he is now recovering at home.
Dwayne previously announced on Twitter that he was going to have surgery later this week.
He tweeted: "Saw my Dr who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my abdomen. Kinda romantic. Surgery is next week. #BringItOn."
However he was later forced to have emergency surgery.
On April 8, he also revealed the extent of his injury on Twitter after the fight, writing: "In the middle of last night's Wrestlemania match I tore my abdomen & abductor muscles off the bone. Just part of the job."
Dwayne - who has an 11-year-old daughter Simone Alexandra with his ex-wife Dany Garcia - is well known for taking on alpha-male roles, having previously taken part in the 'Fast & Furious' franchise.
He has a number of big roles lined up, including a rumored part in 'Arabian Nights' playing Sinbad and he will also play Hercules in 'Hercules: The Thracian Wars'.
- Armstrong MetalfestEntertainment 862 views
- Diana's life in fashionEntertainment 844 views
- Britney's umbrella auctionEntertainment 703 views
- Chris Brown accusedEntertainment 671 views
- An evening with authorsEntertainment 342 views
- Tom Hanks to publish bookEntertainment 431 views
- Katy Perry laid low with fluEntertainment 555 views
- Spielberg's mother diesEntertainment 854 views
- Rare studio saleEntertainment 1,435 views