Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson underwent an emergency hernia operation on Monday (04.22.13).
The actor and WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) superstar was forced to skip the Hollywood premiere of his new movie 'Pain & Gain' in order to get surgery to repair damage sustained during his Wrestlemania fight with John Cena earlier this month.
A spokesperson for the 40-year-old 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' star told E! News that he is now recovering at home.
Dwayne previously announced on Twitter that he was going to have surgery later this week.
He tweeted: "Saw my Dr who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my abdomen. Kinda romantic. Surgery is next week. #BringItOn."
However he was later forced to have emergency surgery.
On April 8, he also revealed the extent of his injury on Twitter after the fight, writing: "In the middle of last night's Wrestlemania match I tore my abdomen & abductor muscles off the bone. Just part of the job."
Dwayne - who has an 11-year-old daughter Simone Alexandra with his ex-wife Dany Garcia - is well known for taking on alpha-male roles, having previously taken part in the 'Fast & Furious' franchise.
He has a number of big roles lined up, including a rumored part in 'Arabian Nights' playing Sinbad and he will also play Hercules in 'Hercules: The Thracian Wars'.
- Chris Rock's divorce fallout Entertainment 3:05 pm - 924 views
- Hanks confirms Toy Story 4Entertainment 12:03 pm - 2,276 views
- Kip Moore at SOECEntertainment 12:03 pm - 2,436 views
- Kate Moss treasures ringEntertainment 11:04 am - 2,385 views
- Stojko joins Stars on IceEntertainment 11:00 am - 2,720 views
- Foo Fighters surprise EPEntertainment 9:11 am - 3,452 views
- Tom Hanks as Bond villain?Entertainment 9:10 am - 3,512 views
- Fantastic Four 2 cancelledEntertainment 9:10 am - 3,543 views
- Jenner wants to marry TygaEntertainment 8:15 am - 3,455 views