Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson underwent an emergency hernia operation on Monday (04.22.13).
The actor and WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) superstar was forced to skip the Hollywood premiere of his new movie 'Pain & Gain' in order to get surgery to repair damage sustained during his Wrestlemania fight with John Cena earlier this month.
A spokesperson for the 40-year-old 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' star told E! News that he is now recovering at home.
Dwayne previously announced on Twitter that he was going to have surgery later this week.
He tweeted: "Saw my Dr who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my abdomen. Kinda romantic. Surgery is next week. #BringItOn."
However he was later forced to have emergency surgery.
On April 8, he also revealed the extent of his injury on Twitter after the fight, writing: "In the middle of last night's Wrestlemania match I tore my abdomen & abductor muscles off the bone. Just part of the job."
Dwayne - who has an 11-year-old daughter Simone Alexandra with his ex-wife Dany Garcia - is well known for taking on alpha-male roles, having previously taken part in the 'Fast & Furious' franchise.
He has a number of big roles lined up, including a rumored part in 'Arabian Nights' playing Sinbad and he will also play Hercules in 'Hercules: The Thracian Wars'.
- Baron Cohen's dad has diedEntertainment 2:00 pm - 475 views
- 2nd Michael Bolton concertEntertainment 9:48 am - 655 views
- Prince's jab at Justin Bieber Entertainment 9:45 am - 830 views
- OSO wraps up seasonEntertainment 9:44 am - 317 views
- Rogen hates his neighbor Entertainment 9:22 am - 506 views
- Kristen Stewart set to directEntertainment 9:21 am - 345 views
- Great grandfather StingEntertainment 9:21 am - 317 views
- Harrelson's pot plan issuesEntertainment 1,629 views
- Art in Action at local galleryEntertainment 509 views