Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson underwent an emergency hernia operation on Monday (04.22.13).
The actor and WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) superstar was forced to skip the Hollywood premiere of his new movie 'Pain & Gain' in order to get surgery to repair damage sustained during his Wrestlemania fight with John Cena earlier this month.
A spokesperson for the 40-year-old 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' star told E! News that he is now recovering at home.
Dwayne previously announced on Twitter that he was going to have surgery later this week.
He tweeted: "Saw my Dr who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my abdomen. Kinda romantic. Surgery is next week. #BringItOn."
However he was later forced to have emergency surgery.
On April 8, he also revealed the extent of his injury on Twitter after the fight, writing: "In the middle of last night's Wrestlemania match I tore my abdomen & abductor muscles off the bone. Just part of the job."
Dwayne - who has an 11-year-old daughter Simone Alexandra with his ex-wife Dany Garcia - is well known for taking on alpha-male roles, having previously taken part in the 'Fast & Furious' franchise.
He has a number of big roles lined up, including a rumored part in 'Arabian Nights' playing Sinbad and he will also play Hercules in 'Hercules: The Thracian Wars'.
- Katy Perry dating who?Entertainment 6,813 views
- Justin Bieber has new dogEntertainment 9,882 views
- 'Workhorse' Drew BarrymoreEntertainment 10,253 views
- Amber Riley for DreamgirlsEntertainment 10,506 views
- 25 minute proposalEntertainment 13,805 views
- More kids for VergaraEntertainment 14,914 views
- Celine speaks about ReneLas Vegas 15,580 views
- Duff's divorce finalized Entertainment 19,062 views
- OSO - Heroes and HeroinesEntertainment 20,743 views