Apr 19, 2013 / 10:15 am
Christy Clark is offering an incentive on her campaign swing through northeastern B.C.
The BC Liberal leader is campaigning in Terrace and Prince Rupert today and is proposing a type of dividend for the area out of the planned Liquefied National Gas prosperity fund.
Clark told a crowd in Terrace today that the funds would help the communities build infrastructure to support the dozens of oil and gas projects proposed in the Nass Valley.
She says the valley will be an energy corridor that will power the economies of British Columbia and the nation.
The proposed projects include the Northern Gateway oil pipeline from Alberta, several liquefied natural gas plants and an oil refinery.
The dividend may also help sell the projects to the communities of Terrace and Prince Rupert, where city councils have both voted to oppose the Northern Gateway pipeline.
Read more BC News
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
(Click for RSS instructions.)