Dick Van Dyke has a "neurological disorder".
The legendary 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' actor has been forced to cancel an appearance in New York City next week as he is battling fatigue and other symptoms related to an unknown illness, reports Entertainment Tonight.
The 87-year-old star was due to attend an event at cultural institution and community centre 92nd Street Y (92Y) on April 26, but his representative has revealed that the entertainer has cancelled due to "fatigue and lack of sleep resulting from symptoms of a yet-to-be diagnosed neurological disorder".
The 'Mary Poppins' actor has been advised not to travel via airplane and is currently resting at his home in Malibu, California.
Dick was due to be honored with 92Y's first ever lifetime achievement award for bettering humanity through comedy.
Last year, the actor married make-up artist Arlene Silver - who is 46 years his junior - in a "spur of the moment" wedding ceremony on February 29.
He said: "I got married kind of on the spur of the moment; we decided Leap Day would be the best time to do it."
Dick was previously married to Margerie Willett in 1948 - with whom he has four children, Christian, Barry, Carrie Beth and Stacy - but the couple divorced in 1984 after a long separation.
The star then had a long-term relationship with Michelle Triola until her death in 2009.
- Cuisine and ConfessionsEntertainment 1:12 pm - 174 views
- Ryan Gosling 'disappointed'Entertainment 12:45 pm - 350 views
- Buble's son set for surgeryEntertainment 12:00 pm - 490 views
- Maisie Williams photos leakEntertainment 11:15 am - 481 views
- Madonna kissed MichaelEntertainment 10:30 am - 368 views
- Lopez's ex smashes car Entertainment 9:45 am - 488 views
- Jagger welcomes eighth Entertainment 9:12 am - 413 views
- Bieber Vevo's most-watchedEntertainment 7:58 am - 2,319 views
- Mariah showcases chemistryEntertainment 1,518 views