Dick Van Dyke has a "neurological disorder".
The legendary 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' actor has been forced to cancel an appearance in New York City next week as he is battling fatigue and other symptoms related to an unknown illness, reports Entertainment Tonight.
The 87-year-old star was due to attend an event at cultural institution and community centre 92nd Street Y (92Y) on April 26, but his representative has revealed that the entertainer has cancelled due to "fatigue and lack of sleep resulting from symptoms of a yet-to-be diagnosed neurological disorder".
The 'Mary Poppins' actor has been advised not to travel via airplane and is currently resting at his home in Malibu, California.
Dick was due to be honored with 92Y's first ever lifetime achievement award for bettering humanity through comedy.
Last year, the actor married make-up artist Arlene Silver - who is 46 years his junior - in a "spur of the moment" wedding ceremony on February 29.
He said: "I got married kind of on the spur of the moment; we decided Leap Day would be the best time to do it."
Dick was previously married to Margerie Willett in 1948 - with whom he has four children, Christian, Barry, Carrie Beth and Stacy - but the couple divorced in 1984 after a long separation.
The star then had a long-term relationship with Michelle Triola until her death in 2009.
- Lineup set for Rock the LakeKelowna 17,674 views
- 'Miley Cyrus has done acid'Entertainment 2,765 views
- Jaden Smith fails testEntertainment 3,264 views
- Taylor Swift teases ZaynEntertainment 1,454 views
- Madonna to join MarchEntertainment 965 views
- Selena Gomez strips downEntertainment 2,766 views
- Uma Thurman loses motionEntertainment 1,423 views
- Are we really that nice?Entertainment 2,007 views
- Sheen considered suicideEntertainment 1,691 views