Dick Van Dyke has a "neurological disorder".
The legendary 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' actor has been forced to cancel an appearance in New York City next week as he is battling fatigue and other symptoms related to an unknown illness, reports Entertainment Tonight.
The 87-year-old star was due to attend an event at cultural institution and community centre 92nd Street Y (92Y) on April 26, but his representative has revealed that the entertainer has cancelled due to "fatigue and lack of sleep resulting from symptoms of a yet-to-be diagnosed neurological disorder".
The 'Mary Poppins' actor has been advised not to travel via airplane and is currently resting at his home in Malibu, California.
Dick was due to be honored with 92Y's first ever lifetime achievement award for bettering humanity through comedy.
Last year, the actor married make-up artist Arlene Silver - who is 46 years his junior - in a "spur of the moment" wedding ceremony on February 29.
He said: "I got married kind of on the spur of the moment; we decided Leap Day would be the best time to do it."
Dick was previously married to Margerie Willett in 1948 - with whom he has four children, Christian, Barry, Carrie Beth and Stacy - but the couple divorced in 1984 after a long separation.
The star then had a long-term relationship with Michelle Triola until her death in 2009.
- Aerosmith postpone tourEntertainment 12:00 pm - 118 views
- Drake hit by food poisoningEntertainment 11:15 am - 254 views
- Kunis - no plans to expandEntertainment 10:30 am - 446 views
- Clooney's reluctant to nameEntertainment 9:45 am - 464 views
- Johansson a politician?Entertainment 9:15 am - 371 views
- KAS Anne Of Green GablesEntertainment 906 views
- Tony & Tina's WeddingEntertainment 1,119 views
- Katy Perry pays tribute to fanEntertainment 917 views
- Mariah's birthday in MexicoEntertainment 869 views