Apr 16, 2013 / 8:19 pm
Prosecutors want a BC woman to spend three years in prison for the death of a toddler at her unlicensed daycare.
One-year-old Arto Howley was left unattended in a car seat at the unlicensed, family-run Rattle-N-Roll Daycare in Coquitlam, in January 2011.
He was later found unresponsive, with a strap around his neck.
Maria McFerran pleaded guilty to criminal negligence causing death last year.
Victoria Howley, Arto's mother, says the tragedy has destroyed her marriage and she is heartbroken and emotionally scarred.
McFerran's lawyer has argued for a sentence of six month to a year in custody. (CKNW/News 1130)
Read more BC News
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
(Click for RSS instructions.)