Drew Barrymore says motherhood is all about sacrifices.
The 38-year-old actress gave birth to her first child, daughter Olive, last September and although she has recently branched out to create her own line of make-up and wines, Drew insists she has had to cut back on work since starting a family but has no regrets.
Drew - who married married art consultant Will Kopelman in June 2012 - told Us Weekly: "You know that you're going to miss out on your child's upbringing or you see that your relationship is going to suffer if you work night and day and weekends.
"Unfortunately, I was raised in this like generation of like, 'Women can have it all,' and I don't think you can. I think some things fall off the table. The good news is, what does stay on the table becomes much more important.
"You've got to choose your battles, definitely."
Because of this, Drew has decided to step back from directing and cut down on her acting roles but insists she will return once Olive gets older.
She said: "I would miss out on my daughter. I can't do it...It was heartbreaking to let go, but it was a clear choice.
"As my daughter gets older, I'll slowly get back into it. I'm never not going to be who I am. I'll never abandon ship completely. Life does take different turns and it's really wild."
- Snak the ripper in VernonEntertainment 2,228 views
- Marc Anthony settlementEntertainment 2,576 views
- Selena Gomez 'grateful'Entertainment 1,623 views
- Bieber accused of fakingEntertainment 1,717 views
- Britney oozes positivityEntertainment 988 views
- Clooney's having boy & girlEntertainment 1,475 views
- Marc Anthony moves onEntertainment 910 views
- Grand theft LohanEntertainment 2,541 views
- Blake Shelton's fearEntertainment 2,237 views