Apr 6, 2013 / 3:11 pm
As part of the Help Hunger Disappear campaign, Westside residents were invited to come out to Save-On-Foods West Kelowna Saturday for a “Family Fun Day.”
There was a BBQ hosted by Valley First from 11am-2pm, guest appearances by; West Kelowna Fire Rescue, Magician Leif David, Miss Westside Dazey.
There were also balloons, children’s activities, music and more.
A donation made to the Westside Community Food Bank entered donors to win a signed, framed, 16”x20”picture of Gordie Howe.
“We believe we have a responsibility to help in the fight against hunger in West Kelowna” says Tony Czink, Store Manager, Save on Foods West Kelowna. “We know that food and funds are needed and with the support and generosity of our customers and employees, we know we can make a difference to those in need in our community.”
According to Lenetta Parry, Executive Director for the Westside Community Food Bank “the need becomes increasingly critical in the spring as donations received during the holiday season deplete. We are very grateful for the investment made by our sponsors, volunteers, and supporters. Together we can make a difference and help hunger disappear.”
As part of the National campaign, customers in the Central Okanagan can expect to save on Campbell’s soup products at all Save on Foods and Cooper’s locations from April 5-13 with $1 being donated back to local Food Banks.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25
- Alleged arsonist also property manager Nov 22
- West Kelowna grow-op dismantled Nov 20
- West K set for sweeping zoning changes Nov 20