Penticton and South Okanagan
Apr 6, 2013 / 6:00 am
Penticton Mayor Dan Ashton will read the proclamation at the annual Canadian Cancer Society kick off event to the Daffodil Campaign on Saturday, April 6.
It will be held from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the local society office at 101 - 166 Main Street, across from city hall.
Other dignitaries that will be in attendance include MLA Bill Barisoff, Dan Albas, Member of Parliament for Okanagan-Coquihalla, a six year cancer survivor and others.
The campaign is to show those going through treatment they are not alone and to raise awareness of the need to fight back against cancer.
The society is celebrating its 75th anniversary and a celebration cake will be served.
Read more Penticton / S. Okanagan News
City of Penticton
Penticton Discussion Forum
Penticton & Wine Country Chamber
Regional District Okanagan-Similkameen
District of Summerland
Summerland Chamber & Tourism
Town of Oliver
Town of Osoyoos
Town of Keremeos
School District 67 - Okanagan Skaha
School District 53 - Okanagan Similkameen
Okanagan Regional Library
- Cops out in force Dec. 7 Dec 5
- SPCA seizes horses near Grand Forks Dec 4
- Early morning fire sends 3 to hospital Dec 4
- Option chosen for electrical rate increase Dec 3
- Conservative nomination announced Dec 3
- City engaged in budget process Dec 3
- Annual giving event draws in big crowd Dec 3