Letters to the editor
"Drunk Driving Penalties Challenged Again"
Who exactly is ''The Canadian Press' who wrote the above-noted story read today on Castanet?
I want to scream every time I see some lazy reporter refer to "British Columbia's tough drinking and driving laws" because nothing could be further from the truth - BC's approach is anything but tough. The consequences today for drunk drivers in British Columbia are a fraction of what they used to be, yet reporters continuously parrot the propaganda they are fed by government press releases.
Come on! Do your research! There is no better place to drive drunk than British Columbia, with easily the lightest consequences in the entire country. And no one who bothers to actually look into it could dare argue the point.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Coquihalla opensKamloops
- Fire destroys houseVernon / N. Okanagan
- Quad crash hospitalizes oneKelowna
- Teachers: 40 years of battlesBC
for these and other issues.
- Teachers lost my support over coffee Aug 27
- Thank you for saving my husband Aug 27
- No sympathy for teachers Aug 27
- No apples for teachers Aug 20
- Is it a skunk or marijuana Aug 20