Letters to the editor
"Drunk Driving Penalties Challenged Again"
Who exactly is ''The Canadian Press' who wrote the above-noted story read today on Castanet?
I want to scream every time I see some lazy reporter refer to "British Columbia's tough drinking and driving laws" because nothing could be further from the truth - BC's approach is anything but tough. The consequences today for drunk drivers in British Columbia are a fraction of what they used to be, yet reporters continuously parrot the propaganda they are fed by government press releases.
Come on! Do your research! There is no better place to drive drunk than British Columbia, with easily the lightest consequences in the entire country. And no one who bothers to actually look into it could dare argue the point.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Dog kicker to donate moneyBC - 3:17 pm
- No opposition to downtown hotelKelowna - 11:23 am
- Bank robbed, evacuatedKelowna - 3:10 pm
- Crash on Highway 97Central Okanagan - 10:54 am
for these and other issues.
- Is it a skunk or marijuana Aug 20
- Saved from a fire Aug 20
- Boaters in the way of fire crew Aug 13
- They were here first Aug 13
- Morons on Okanagan Lake Aug 13