Letters to the editor
Hello Castanet! I wanted to personally contact you to send a great big thank you for the news article your ran on the fundraising event Bowl of Hope.
You ran the article a couple weeks ago just in time to help us sell out all our tickets for the event which was held last Thursday.
Through the Bowl of Hope evening I asked ticket holders how they heard about the event and so many answered enthusiastically "Castanet!". Guests had such a wonderful night and we successfully raised $2500 for a group of youth in Belize with Legacy Youth Programs.
The impact of your support was confirmed again to me when I received a heartfelt email this week mentioning how thankful she was to have come across your article. I have posted the email (with permission) on the Bowl of Hope blog, along with a video of the night.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Highway 1 closed near GoldenBC - 6:33 pm
- Two Okanagan arena's go for $100kCentral Okanagan - 5:25 pm
- New command for Kelowna DragoonsKelowna - 4:49 pm
- New Lotto 649 millionaire in KamloopsKamloops - 9:56 am
for these and other issues.
- Thanks for new idea on the waterfront Mar 1
- Deliver me from Canada Post Feb 25
- Logan Lake Doctor Feb 25
- More waterfront parks Feb 25
- Local $$ for foreign art Feb 20