Letters to the editor
Hello Castanet! I wanted to personally contact you to send a great big thank you for the news article your ran on the fundraising event Bowl of Hope.
You ran the article a couple weeks ago just in time to help us sell out all our tickets for the event which was held last Thursday.
Through the Bowl of Hope evening I asked ticket holders how they heard about the event and so many answered enthusiastically "Castanet!". Guests had such a wonderful night and we successfully raised $2500 for a group of youth in Belize with Legacy Youth Programs.
The impact of your support was confirmed again to me when I received a heartfelt email this week mentioning how thankful she was to have come across your article. I have posted the email (with permission) on the Bowl of Hope blog, along with a video of the night.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Hawks turn tables, tie seriesSports
- Diver finds 13 more bodiesWorld
- Market president steps downKelowna
- A splash of colour, a dash of funKelowna
for these and other issues.
- Easter giving from a stranger Apr 15
- Harperbinger of doom Apr 15
- Car wash needs to be flushed Apr 15
- Finance minister - over the top Apr 15
- Harperbinger of doom for Vets Apr 8