Letters to the editor
Hello Castanet! I wanted to personally contact you to send a great big thank you for the news article your ran on the fundraising event Bowl of Hope.
You ran the article a couple weeks ago just in time to help us sell out all our tickets for the event which was held last Thursday.
Through the Bowl of Hope evening I asked ticket holders how they heard about the event and so many answered enthusiastically "Castanet!". Guests had such a wonderful night and we successfully raised $2500 for a group of youth in Belize with Legacy Youth Programs.
The impact of your support was confirmed again to me when I received a heartfelt email this week mentioning how thankful she was to have come across your article. I have posted the email (with permission) on the Bowl of Hope blog, along with a video of the night.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Crash driver allegedly impairedKelowna - 2:57 pm
- Vibey is home!Kelowna - 4:44 pm
- $50M for rail corridorCentral Okanagan - 1:38 pm
- Fruitful weatherCentral Okanagan - 12:56 pm
for these and other issues.
- Morons on Okanagan Lake Aug 13
- Teacher's true colours response Aug 13
- Borders: religion free zones Aug 13
- Poor Coquihalla conditions Aug 13
- Support for RCMP Aug 10