Apr 2, 2013 / 6:16 am
French broadcaster TF1 says a doctor on its version of tropical reality show "Survivor" has committed suicide, following the death of a contestant last month.
The broadcaster says that Thierry Costa killed himself Monday in Cambodia, where the new season of the hit show "Koh-Lanta" was being filmed. The 38-year-old Costa left a suicide note, in which he blamed the media for smearing his name.
Last month an inquiry into "involuntary homicide" was launched into the sudden death of a contestant who had been treated by Costa for cramps.
Anonymous accusations appeared in the media accusing Costa and the production company Adventure Line of negligence, a charge that all parties vehemently denied.
In a statement, TF1 says it "shares the pain" of the Costa family.
Read more World News
- Cuddling biz closed amid brothel claims
- Thai premier says she will not resign
- Mob violence escalates in Africa
- Riot police deployed to Ukranian protest
- Kim Jong Un removes uncle from power
- US and Pakistan - the special meeting
- 100,000 march in Bangkok
- Storm blankets NFL fields with snow
- Uncle ousted for 'anti-state' acts
- Thousands attend Paul Walker memorial
- Dead whales found-part of stranded pod
- Israeli president willing to meet Iran's
(Click for RSS instructions.)