Mar 28, 2013 / 4:54 pm
The Kelowna RCMP Property Crime Unit recovered some Kelowna Minor Baseball equipment this week that had been stolen in a break-in earlier this month.
On March 1, police received a report of a break and enter and theft at Elk's Stadium located at 663 Recreation Avenue.
The break-in likely occurred sometime over the previous two days and a storage locker containing equipment for Kelowna Minor Baseball was targeted.
It was unknown at the time what all had been stolen.
This week, the Kelowna RCMP Property Crime Unit recovered the stolen equipment from an abandoned storage locker that had been registered to a person well-known to police.
The recovered equipment included new baseball bats, balls and uniforms as well as other new and used equipment valued at approximately $3,000.
Fortunately, the Kelowna Minor Baseball season should not be affected now that all of the equipment has been returned.
If you have any information about this or any other crime, please call the Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300. Remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, online or text to CRIMES (274637) ktown.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3