Mar 28, 2013 / 12:12 pm
Two people may be going to hospital after an accident on Richter Street between Lawrence and Bernard avenues shortly before noon Thursday.
RCMP Cst. John Leroux says the female driver had some medical issues and may have blacked out prior to the crash.
The van hopped up on a meridian and took out a traffic sign before coming to rest.
A little girl, five or six years of age, was also in the vehicle at the time of the crash.
Leroux says the girl appeared to be fine , however, as a precaution will likely be taken to hospital.
"She's got her teddy bear with her so I think she's okay. She looked okay to me," says Leroux.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9