Mar 27, 2013 / 11:26 am
Island County Sheriff Mark Brown said no one was hurt, but one home was destroyed by mud and debris when the slide happened in an area near Alderwood Street and South Fircrest Avenue just after 4 a.m.
"It's a pretty massive slide," he said.
Officials said three people had to be evacuated via ATV and one person had to be taken out by boat. Brown said a relief center for at least a dozen other displaced residents has been established at a nearby community center.
It was not clear exactly what caused the slide, as there was no rain overnight in the area.
More details to follow.
Read more World News
- China launches rover to survey moon
- Unrepentant Nazi killer dies at 92
- NYC commuter train derails, killing 4
- Ukrainians stage huge anti-govt rally
- Speed a factor in deadly celeb car crash
- Passenger train derails near NY
- Tens of thousands march in Kiev
- The world's ugliest dog dies
- Alaska plane crash tragedy
- A step toward to democracy after coup
- Gov't supporters and foes clash violently
- Plane crash in Namibia, kills all on board
(Click for RSS instructions.)