Mar 27, 2013 / 5:00 am
Here's your chance to make a difference in the lives of young boys and girls around the Central Okanagan.
It's the annual Big Brothers Big Sisters 'Bowl For Kids Sake' Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6 at McCurdy Bowling Centre on Highway 97.
There are two ways in which you can get involved – register a team and collect pledges or sponsor an individual or team.
The annual fundraiser helps Big Brothers Big Sisters achieve their vision of 'Every child in the Okanagan who needs a mentor gets a mentor.'
Every dollar raised helps match kids with a mentor.
Research shows that children who have been mentored have higher self-esteem and are more likely to stay in school – empowering them to succeed, give back and realize their potential.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is celebrating its centennial anniversary in 2013 and, in keeping with that theme, this year's event is '100 Years of Music.'
Participants are encouraged to dress up as their favourite artist, group or band.
Once again this year, Castanet.net have put together two teams to participate in this worthwhile event.
Our goal is to raise $750.
Castanet will be bowling Saturday, April 6 at 5 p.m.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3
- Council: New cop shop long overdue Dec 3