Letters to the editor
Your correspondents, Walter Viita and Robert Cichocki, hit the nail on the head.
I recently attended a council meeting hearing an application for a development. To the opposers the mayor, and a couple of his henchmen, were condescending, insulting and dismissive, but to the much fewer number of supporters they were smarmy and sycophantic.
The Official Community Plan was blatantly ignored.
Kelowna is being spoiled quicker than you can say, "Hey Walt, can I build a....." The 'quality of life' stable door was opened at the last local election and the horse has well and truly bolted.
Probably time to move on.
Read more Letters to the editor
- No leads on latest homicidesCentral Okanagan - 4:00 pm
- Teachers' stalemateBC - 7:26 pm
- Foreign workers' scandalCanada - 7:20 pm
- Evacuation orderBC - 12:43 pm
for these and other issues.
- Rotary beach Apr 16
- Easter giving from a stranger Apr 15
- Harperbinger of doom Apr 15
- Car wash needs to be flushed Apr 15
- Finance minister - over the top Apr 15