Letters to the editor
Your correspondents, Walter Viita and Robert Cichocki, hit the nail on the head.
I recently attended a council meeting hearing an application for a development. To the opposers the mayor, and a couple of his henchmen, were condescending, insulting and dismissive, but to the much fewer number of supporters they were smarmy and sycophantic.
The Official Community Plan was blatantly ignored.
Kelowna is being spoiled quicker than you can say, "Hey Walt, can I build a....." The 'quality of life' stable door was opened at the last local election and the horse has well and truly bolted.
Probably time to move on.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Superboat chaseKelowna - 3:56 pm
- Needle used in robberyKamloops - 3:06 pm
- Kelowna man pleads guiltyKelowna - 2:02 pm
- Sign removal debatedPenticton / S. Okanagan - 3:11 pm
for these and other issues.
- Finance minister - over the top Apr 15
- Harperbinger of doom for Vets Apr 8
- Prospera price gouge Apr 8
- Dock takes over Beach Apr 8
- Happy volunteer week Apr 8