Mar 22, 2013 / 8:32 am
A 31-year-old man is in custody after allegedly assaulting the owner of the Kitimat Hotel last weekend.
Kitimat RCMP Cpl. Darryl Peppler says the suspect, Daniel Charles Rinquinha, was tracked down with the help of witnesses who provided a direction of travel after he was seen fleeing the hotel towards a wooded area. RCMP officers were able to track his footprints in the snow and arrest the former Kitimat resident, who now lives in Alberta.
The 50-year-old female victim was found laying unconsciousness outside the hotel and was transported to hospital with severe head trauma and broken facial bones.
Read more BC News
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
(Click for RSS instructions.)