Mar 22, 2013 / 7:41 am
Hundreds of relatives and friends of a murdered teen mom have attended a ceremony in Mission, B.C., to remember her.
Mourners filled a Mission park Thursday night for the candlelight vigil to honour Rachel Pernosky.
They remembered the 18-year-old as an amazing mother to her one-year-old son, Marco, and they urged the boy's father, who has custody of the child, to raise him the way Rachel would want.
Pernosky's body was found down a steep embankment in Chilliwack on Tuesday.
She had vanished from her Mission home just days earlier.
Homicide investigators have interviewed a number of people but haven't announced if they have any suspects or if they have identified a motive for the slaying.
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)