Christina Applegate is in talks to star in 'Vacation'.
The 41-year-old actress is in negotiations for a role opposite 'The Hangover' star Ed Helms in New Line Cinema's reboot of the classic 1983 comedy film 'National Lampoon's Vacation', according to The Hollywood Reporter.
'Horrible Bosses' writers John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein are set to direct the project.
The upcoming film will follow Rusty Griswold (Helms) and his strong-willed wife (Applegate), who has become disenchanted with her husband, as they set out to take their family on a road trip adventure, resembling one Rusty went on as a child with his sister and parents.
The original film, directed by Harold Ramis and starring Chevy Chase, was based on the real-life experiences of screenwriter John Hughes while on holiday with his family.
Helms can next be seen reprising his role as Stu alongside Bradley Cooper and Zach Galifianakis in 'The Hangover Part III' which is due for release in the summer and serves as the final installment in the comedy franchise.
Meanwhile, Christina is returning to play Veronica Corningstone in 'Anchorman: The Legend Continues', the sequel to 2004's 'Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy' starring Will Ferrell. The film is currently filming and due for release in December.
- The Cliffjumpers @ VJCEntertainment 1,321 views
- Baldwin revisits TrumpEntertainment 2,115 views
- Britney fell for new manEntertainment 1,759 views
- Lena Dunham hospitalizedEntertainment 1,200 views
- Sheeran's room of teddy'sEntertainment 796 views
- Ellen pays tribute to ObamaEntertainment 934 views
- Mandy Moore eager for kidsEntertainment 799 views
- Will & Grace back Entertainment 2,096 views
- Ellen makes historyEntertainment 1,810 views