• Kelowna's Homepage
  • Vernon's Homepage
30359
29040

West Kelowna  

Stubborn chimney fire

Fire crews had to cut into the walls of a home on Thacker Drive to finally snuff out a fire that appeared to have started in the chimney.

A woman left the home and called 911 when she realized her house was on fire at around 5:30 p.m. Thursday.

Smoke was billowing out from the edges of the rooftop an hour after crews arrived.

Firefighters had to use a heat-seeker device to track where the fire was moving to. They concentrated their efforts on the walls around the chimney and injected foam to extinguish the stubborn blaze.

There were no reports of any injuries. 

Traffic was blocked from going through Thacker Drive for about two hours.

The home sustained extensive damage.



More West Kelowna articles

29272
Recent Trending
27500


29639




FEATURED Property
2555244Desirable Riverfront Hobby Farm
$499,000
more details
image2image2image2
Click here to feature your property
Please wait... loading


29272


27739


Kelowna SPCA Featured Pet

Raspberry
Raspberry Kelowna SPCA >








West Kelowna Quick Links District of West Kelowna
West Kelowna Discussion Forum
Central Okanagan Regional District
West Kelowna Discussion Forum
District of Peachland
Interior Health
School District 23
Westside Tourism
Okanagan Regional Library
Member of the RTNDA
28966