Mar 21, 2013 / 8:17 pm
Fire crews had to cut into the walls of a home on Thacker Drive to finally snuff out a fire that appeared to have started in the chimney.
A woman left the home and called 911 when she realized her house was on fire at around 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
Smoke was billowing out from the edges of the rooftop an hour after crews arrived.
Firefighters had to use a heat-seeker device to track where the fire was moving to. They concentrated their efforts on the walls around the chimney and injected foam to extinguish the stubborn blaze.
There were no reports of any injuries.
Traffic was blocked from going through Thacker Drive for about two hours.
The home sustained extensive damage.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25
- Alleged arsonist also property manager Nov 22
- West Kelowna grow-op dismantled Nov 20
- West K set for sweeping zoning changes Nov 20
- Young men brave icy waters to save man Nov 19
- Christmas lights tour for the food bank Nov 19
- Designers wanted for civic centre Nov 18