Mar 21, 2013 / 2:50 pm
Two of the three men accused of killing Red Scorpion gang leader Jonathan Bacon outside the Delta Grand hotel in August 2011 made an appearance via video at the Kelowna courthouse this morning.
Michael Kerry Hunter Jones and Jason Thomas McBride are both charged with one count of murder and four counts of attempted murder.
A third man facing the same charges, Jujhar Khun-Khun did not make an appearance and is still recovering in hospital after being shot earlier this year.
Bacon was killed on Aug. 14 in Kelowna, when his Porsche Cayenne SUV was riddled with bullets outside the hotel. Larry Amero, James Riach, Leah Hadden-Watts and Lyndsey Black were also inside the vehicle at the time.
The matter has been adjourned to April 25.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19