Mar 20, 2013 / 7:05 pm
One of the largest music festivals in Europe has announced plans to cross over into the United States.
The Tomorrowland electronic dance music festival in Belgium is planning to hold a three-day festival in September in a Georgia community near Atlanta.
TomorrowWorld is expected to attract some of the world's top disc jockeys and 50,000 fans each day.
It is the first international expansion of the Tomorrowland festival, which takes place in July. It comes at a time when house music, long popular in Europe, has taken root in popular culture in the United States.
Festival co-owner Michiel Beers says the U.S. event will create a fairytale world "from the smallest detail to the biggest stage."
Read more World News
- Wave of attacks in Iraq, kill at least 70
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- French gay marriage law signed
- Pope decries banks over people
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
(Click for RSS instructions.)