Vernon and North Okanagan
Mar 20, 2013 / 9:38 am
It was a tense situation for members of the Vernon RCMP when they responded to a report of a domestic assault Monday morning around 9 a.m.
RCMP spokesperson Gord Molendyk says the first officer arrived on scene and noticed a man smashing the window of a car with a hammer; the 52-year-old suspect then turned and approached the officer in a “threatening manner.”
The officer feared for his safety and drew his side arm as the man continued to approach, before he turned and walked away.
A few minutes later the officer was able to approach the suspect a second time and used pepper spray until the man gave up. He was taken into custody and is facing numerous charges.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Two people pulled from Shuswap River Jun 17
- Fire ban set for Kamloops Fire Centre Jun 15
- Sawmill fire destroys building Jun 14
- RCMP officer faces child porn charge Jun 14
- In memory of Taylor Jun 14
- Sunshine will be out this weekend Jun 13
- Structural issues shut down theatre Jun 12