Mar 20, 2013 / 7:18 am
Parks Canada confirms that a body has been recovered from a crevasse in Yoho National Park near Lake Louise, Alta.
Mark Taylor of Abbotsford, BC fell into the crevasse seven days ago after becoming separated from two fellow skiers during bad weather.
The same poor weather delayed a rescue operation for days.
Rescuers had reached the edge of the crevasse but couldn't search it before blizzard conditions forced a retreat.
Rescue crews had to shovel through several metres of snow to reach the body.
Abbotsford mayor Bruce Banman said Taylor was the general manager of the Parks, Recreation and Culture department in the Fraser Valley city. (CKNW)
Read more Canada News
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike
- Senator Duffy resigns from caucus
- Accused sexual predator to plea guilty
- Duffy debacle
- On the road again-Harper pumps pipeline
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole