Mar 20, 2013 / 7:20 am
Ben Fuller and his buddy loaded their dirt bikes into the back of a pick-up truck Monday, by Tuesday the bikes and truck were gone. The bikes were secured and the truck was backed-up to the house, they had planned on taking the bikes in for service the next day.
It was about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday when when Fuller noticed his truck and the bikes were missing. Fuller lives at 909 Grenfell Court.
Fuller says the truck was recovered in Rutland, on the corner of Leathhead and Dougall Rd. The vehicle was parked across a driveway and side walk. The ignition was smashed in.
The bikes are:
- 2006 Honda CRF 450R, Black and red. Lots of stickers and the racing number 505 on both sides.
- 2004 Honda CRF 450R, mostly white with red and it had a black seat.
"Neighbours reported two days prior several of their vehicles where also broken into on this street. Both bikes where just purchased, we only rode them once so far. Warning to everyone, don't leave toys unattended," says Fuller.
If you noticed the Honda's being unloaded or the truck being abandoned call the RCMP or leave a tip at Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-TIPS.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19