Mar 19, 2013 / 12:30 pm
Police say a Texas senior who was in London, Ont., to attend the World Figure Skating Championships missed his flight home after a loaded handgun was found in his luggage.
An X-ray machine at London International Airport detected a .357 calibre revolver in carry-on luggage as the 72-year-old man was going through pre-board screening on Monday morning.
Police say the loaded revolver was seized, the man was arrested, charged with careless storage of a firearm, and held in custody for a court appearance on Tuesday morning.
Investigators say the Crown reviewed the case and after "considering all the facts," decided to withdraw the charge against Joseph Frost.
Frost has since departed for Texas.
(CKOT, The Canadian Press)
Read more Canada News
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight
- Warm summer forecast for Canada
- Hidden camera nails care home workers