Mar 19, 2013 / 4:00 pm
Two civilians were honoured yesterday (Tuesday) with a Certificate of Appreciation from the Officer in Charge of the Kelowna RCMP for their part in helping to apprehend a robbery suspect last summer.
Supt. Bill McKinnon presented the award to Jane Hahn and Sean Hansson Tuesday morning in a private ceremony at the Kelowna RCMP Detachment.
With their help last August, police were able to quickly track down and apprehend a bank robbery suspect minutes after the offence occurred.
The suspect had held up the Royal Bank on Cooper Road.
Police were also able to recover an imitation firearm and stolen cash.
Brian Christie Miranada is charged with Robbery, Disguise with Intent and Use Imitation Firearm in Commission of Offence.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16